The DHI Mission
DHI is Dedicated to Excellence www.dhi.org
The Door and Hardware Institute (DHI) represents the architectural openings industry. With ancestry dating back to 1934, the Institute has more than 5,000 members in the United States, Canada and abroad. Membership consists of individuals and consultants involved in the architectural openings industry, representing distributors, manufacturers and sales representatives/agency firms, as well as architects, specifiers and contractors who rely on such professionals.
- To advance the safety and security of the built environment.
- DHI will be its members’ indispensable resource for industry trends, professional development and best business practices.
- DHI will be a powerful advocate for creating a favorable code environment in the life safety and security industry.
- DHI will be branded as a leader in safely securing the built environment.
- DHI's Strategic Plan (pdf)
Identity of Excellence
- DHI will be branded for providing excellence and eminent influence.
- Member focus
- Financial responsibility
- Commitment to technology
- Responsible leadership
- Commitment to diversity
About the Buckeye Chapter
Chapter membership consists of over 150 individuals and certified consultants involved in the architectural openings industry, representing distributors, manufacturers and sales agencies in and surrounding the State of Ohio.